Thursday, July 31, 2008

Julie vs. Moose

I day hiked Moose Creek Trail on Tuesday. I think it was about 16 miles total. I was flyin'. I only saw 3 people within the first hour and no one else the rest of the day! It was great! I was trail running the last few miles out when I came around a bend in the trail only to discover a young female Moose on the trail. We had a moment together. I watched her watch me. It seemed as if we were both waiting to see who would step off the trail first. She slowly walked toward me and stopped. I stood my ground and slowly took a few steps toward her and stopped. Eventually, she was the first one to leave the trail. It was a great, interactive, non threatening moose experience! I hope all of my future moose encounters will be this pleasant and uneventful.



No comments: