Sunday, July 27, 2008

Basin part duo

The Alaska Basin is where I will be spending the most of my time with work. It's just below 10,000 ft surrounded by mountains rising above 13,000 ft--with the Grand Teton out of view from the basin. I wore my Chaco sandals to cross a snowy river to keep my boots dry. Especially with having 4 days left of being in the woods. It takes so long for rigid leather boots to dry... By the end of my week out, I didn't care about dry boots. I just took off right through the water and dealt with my soggy cold feet all day. As long as I had dry socks to put on my feet in the evenings, there was never a problem.






1 comment:

charity said...

Hey Julie, after talking with you today I had to home to check out your blog. What amazing pictures you have. It looks like your enjoying every minute of it. I hope you cherish every moment of this expierence. The snow is beautiful! I can handle snow for only a short amount of time and then I'm heading for the warmest blanket I can find. It is crazy that this is summer for that area. I would hate to see winter. We miss you much at the salon. I will let everyone know about the blog at the meeting. Keep intouch.
LoveYa, Charity
By the way love the Dam Store!

Sorry I think I posted my comment on an older blog. So if you see it twice.