I have a very inconvenient work schedule meaning my days off are NOT everyone elses weekend. Which, means it's fairly impossible to find someone to come backpacking with me. It's not like I can take just anyone backpacking. There are key requirements to be able to live symbiotically together in the woods and possibly during extreme circumstances (intense weather, surprise snow, blistering feet, minor injuries, low blood sugar, etc)... I live in a really beautiful place nestled in the foothills of the Teton mountain range. I'm also 2 hours away from the most (in my little traveled opinion) spectacular mountain range on the planet--- The Wind River Mountains. Go ahead and look em' up but be sure to click on" images" when you do. What I'm getting at is that the outdoor possibilities here, when it comes to backpacking and hiking, are endless. Every warm month season here it's like pulling teeth to get folks to come backpacking for 2+ days. Day hiking? No problem. Everyone and anyone is down for some fun day hikin'! Sometimes I feel lonelier in the front country than in the backcountry.
3 comments:
Cheer the fuck up! lol
So you're a picky backpacking partner selector? Because I seriously sometimes go with complete strangers. We're coming back up to Yellowstone at the end of the month for a 6 day trip down the Bechler, and I've never even met half the people we're going with. I think one of them has never even been backpacking, but I love the idea of introducing people to it in such a spectacular way. :-)
On the flipside, I don't mind backpacking alone at all. In fact, I think it's the only time I get any halfway decent writing done...
--Mark
I got a little "blue" the other day because it's like pulling teeth to get folks out here to come with me. That's all. I spent 5 months packin' by myself and I'm okay with it but honestly, I enjoy sharing the experience with people more! I get tired of talking to myself. I'm pretty boring. Haha
Be sure to hit up all the waterfalls back there! I hear there's a hot spring back there too! Let me know how it goes! I'd love to see pics!
Post a Comment