Monday, September 17, 2012

Can't stop the Winds

The always stunning and extremely rugged Wind River Mountains... I can't get enough of this mountain range. I crave these mountains. They consume my thoughts and day dreams--from exploring every trail, finding a new lake, new route to hike, sleeping in them, fishing in them and swimming in them. I'm grateful for the few times I had with them this summer but I am sad to see this season of backpacking come to a close. The short summer and even shorter fall allows just a few months to explore these hills. On this last trek, after tossing and turning all night in my sleeping bag trying to get warm I got up the next morning to my water in my camelback being frozen solid. That's when I realized I was on my final trip of the season in the Winds. So, now I have all winter and spring to plan my next Wind River adventure and hopefully I find some new recruits to join me.








2 comments:

Laidlaw said...

After seeing all of the photos from these recent trips, I think it'll be time to take a summer/fall off from Yellowstone next year, and hit up the Winds instead!
--Mark

Julie (@Mountainpooper) said...

I would definitely SKIP Yellowstone for the Winds! Especially if you've never been there! While Yellowstone is spectacular and has some very beautiful places and unique features---The Winds will blow your friggin' mind. I've never been to a more beautiful place. Honestly. :)