Yesterday, I participated in a 19 dog rescue operation. 3.5 hours away from where I live. An animal shelter was going to euthanize 19 dogs at 9 am Monday morning. The shelter posted pictures of the 19 dogs on Facebook asking for people to foster, adopt and transport to save & keep them from being put down. I contacted Lab Rescues and other NO KILL shelters in Idaho and Montana and relayed all of the information to the folks that operate the shelter. I offered to drive there to help transport as many that would fit in my Subaru. I'll spare all of the logistics, hand offs, and miscommunication but all 19 were saved. I took FIVE black labs in my car and drove them 3 hours away for the next transport person to haul them to Montana today. It was a full 12 hour & emotionally draining day but I'm happy to have helped.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
The BIG Rescue
Yesterday, I participated in a 19 dog rescue operation. 3.5 hours away from where I live. An animal shelter was going to euthanize 19 dogs at 9 am Monday morning. The shelter posted pictures of the 19 dogs on Facebook asking for people to foster, adopt and transport to save & keep them from being put down. I contacted Lab Rescues and other NO KILL shelters in Idaho and Montana and relayed all of the information to the folks that operate the shelter. I offered to drive there to help transport as many that would fit in my Subaru. I'll spare all of the logistics, hand offs, and miscommunication but all 19 were saved. I took FIVE black labs in my car and drove them 3 hours away for the next transport person to haul them to Montana today. It was a full 12 hour & emotionally draining day but I'm happy to have helped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment