To my loyal Salon Visage clients:
You have probably figured it out by now, that I have decided to extend my stay out west. I don't know WHEN I will return to Knoxville. The great folks at SV (Frank, Belinda and Monty) have allowed my return to be open ended. I don't think it was a big shock to anyone that I have decided to stay out here.
My amazing seasonal position with the Forest Service, as a Back Country Ranger, ended late August. So I hit the road for a month long road trip alone. I had a great urgency to backpack and tour places that I've only seen in pictures.
I spent a week Backpacking in Glacier National Park. This park is hands down, the most beautiful majestic place on the planet. Next stop, Olympic National Park. Olympic was beautiful like a tropical rain forest. The ferns were taller than me! It rained on this trip (no surprise) and I fly-fished more that hiked on this tour. Then, I migrated south down to Mt.Rainier. I spent a few days there exploring the trails and proceeded to climb to the base camp (Camp Muir)of the mountain. Mt.Rainier was increadible! The views from Rainier were sick! I could see Mt Saint Helens, Mt.Hood, Mt.Adams and Mt.Baker. All of the volcanoes at the same time.
From Rainier, I drove up to Seattle to meet my sister Andrea and brother-in-law, who were there house hunting for 5 days. It was nice to sleep in a real bed and take all the hot showers I wanted!
Next, I left Seattle to head back east to pick Priscilla (friend and ole co-worker from Tennessee) up from the Jackson airport.
So now, I am working at a local Mountaineering shop. I love it. I found a furnished apartment, so I feel like I can pack everything into my car and leave at any time. It's a month to month lease! Its a spacious 1br loft at the base of the ski resort. I 'll be able to open my door and ski from there. It even has a WOOD BURNING STOVE!
Anyway, I miss you ALL! Please stay in touch with me! My email address is jereggio@aol.com
I want to know how everyone is doing!
3 comments:
Are you familiar with the phrase "seething jealousy?" :-(
I agree. I'm totally jealous. You better be serious about me coming to visit. Those views are spectacular and breathtaking. It was great catching up with you for a bit last night. I hope we get to do it again soon. Beautiful country. Well taken photographs as well. You're awesome Julie!
Ha! We knew you would never come back... and we're happy for you! It sounds like you've been having the time of your life out there. You can't just leave us hanging... any hair prodigy you can recommend besides yourself?? Amazing pictures. And Glenn misses all your stories!!!
Post a Comment