Sometimes I ---- feel fat, like a loser, like a burden to my friends, like a complicated mess, ugly, annoying, selfish, out of control, hate people, hate my job, don't like my friends and all of their problems, hate the sound of my own voice, feel so insecure, talentless, not unique or special and unloved. But when I'm backpacking in the Wilderness, all of that goes away. None of that silly stuff matters anymore. Its just me and the trees. Life becomes so beautifully simple while in the woods. I know what I have to do to survive and keep my mind and body safe, and I do it. I do it well. I enjoy the pain of carrying a 40-50lb backpack for miles deep into rugged Wilderness. Those blisters on my feet are a sign of being free from societies screaming burdens and my pressing insecurities. And they feel great. I love it. I love it with a passion. The Wilderness is my church. I enter it's trails and everything becomes clear and okay again. There is nothing more true and real than being surrounded by nature and it's blanket of peace that it brings me.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
WHY I love backpacking
Sometimes I ---- feel fat, like a loser, like a burden to my friends, like a complicated mess, ugly, annoying, selfish, out of control, hate people, hate my job, don't like my friends and all of their problems, hate the sound of my own voice, feel so insecure, talentless, not unique or special and unloved. But when I'm backpacking in the Wilderness, all of that goes away. None of that silly stuff matters anymore. Its just me and the trees. Life becomes so beautifully simple while in the woods. I know what I have to do to survive and keep my mind and body safe, and I do it. I do it well. I enjoy the pain of carrying a 40-50lb backpack for miles deep into rugged Wilderness. Those blisters on my feet are a sign of being free from societies screaming burdens and my pressing insecurities. And they feel great. I love it. I love it with a passion. The Wilderness is my church. I enter it's trails and everything becomes clear and okay again. There is nothing more true and real than being surrounded by nature and it's blanket of peace that it brings me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome post Julie, glad you're having a great summer! :-)
LOVE this and you~ you inspire me to get "after it" daily!
That's awesome Edie! Thank you both for responding so positively! I definitely needed that today. :)
Post a Comment