It's very different growing things in a cooler, high altitude, mountain climate. I could grow anything in Tennessee. I had cantaloupe, strawberries, peppers of many varieties, cucumbers, some herbs and a ton of tomatoes. Here, in Idaho, nestled in the foothills of the Tetons, it's a challenge to grow anything without the use of a green house. The temps here can dip below freezing all summer long. The wind that accompanies a thunderstorm is usually of hurricane force. So having a garden here without protection from the elements is a gamble so I started with a small raised bed garden. The tomatoes have taken a beating but are continuing to produce. The zucchini is taking over and the beans and peas are doing great! Here are a few pictures of my garden BEFORE and AFTER.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
My Little Garden Project
It's very different growing things in a cooler, high altitude, mountain climate. I could grow anything in Tennessee. I had cantaloupe, strawberries, peppers of many varieties, cucumbers, some herbs and a ton of tomatoes. Here, in Idaho, nestled in the foothills of the Tetons, it's a challenge to grow anything without the use of a green house. The temps here can dip below freezing all summer long. The wind that accompanies a thunderstorm is usually of hurricane force. So having a garden here without protection from the elements is a gamble so I started with a small raised bed garden. The tomatoes have taken a beating but are continuing to produce. The zucchini is taking over and the beans and peas are doing great! Here are a few pictures of my garden BEFORE and AFTER.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment