The secret isn't out because of this post. It's impossible to give directions to this lake I promise. I already tried.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Skinny Dipper Lake
One night while I was dorking out on Google Earth retracing my steps from a previous hike, I zoomed waaaaay in and noticed a lake that I had never seen before on any trail maps for the area. Google showed the lake was named, "Skinny Dipper Lake." How had I not heard of this lake when I worked as a Backcountry Ranger for the Forest Service? This must be one of those secret places that we always hear about! Yet, I've never heard about it! Not a peep! The next day I asked one of my friends, a long time Teton Valley resident and hiker if she knew anything about this lake. "Skinny Dipper Lake! I haven't been there in years! It's beautiful! Let's go! I hope I can remember how to get there," she exclaimed. A few more days passed and we sent out for the lake venturing off trail several times and scrambling over some rocks to pick up a faint trail to the lake. This lake was absolutely magnificent! I can't believe I've lived here for 7 years and just now discovered my favorite lake on the Western side of the Tetons. What an absolute gem!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment