With 117 inches of snow and two feet of new powder this ski season is already reaching epic proportions! I hope it stays this way and I hope all of my friend who ski the backcountry are safe and stay out of any avalanche danger. With the amount of snow we have on top of new snow and fluctuating temperatures there have already been dozens of avalanches and several skiers seriously injured in these slides. Luckily there haven't been any deaths and hopefully there won't be this season. I prefer lift access snowboarding at my wonderful ski hill so I am in the clear as far as avalanches go. Backcountry skiing is too scary for me and frankly, not worth the risk or worry.





3 comments:
Whoa whoa whoa-- these photos were taken in September 2014?!
Yikes! I corrected some grammatical errors on this old enter and it reposted it with my current entries! No, the snowboard is NOT coming out for a few more months!
Hahaha, I am somehow relieved AND disappointed to hear that. lol At least I don't have to pack up the car and drive 8 hours immediately. :-)
Post a Comment