Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Alaska Basin

Alaska Basin is a 8.5 mile hike in from the Teton Canyon Trailhead. This is the basin where I was stationed for 6 weeks when I worked for the Forest Service. I would go in for 5 to 7 days and then hike out & stay in my Forest Service cabin for two days, re supply and hike back in. Let me add that the cabin I was in was IN the National Forest and I had no internet, no T.V., or phone. There WAS a pay phone on site but it was ancient. A PAY PHONE! However, the dinasaur pay phone did actually work. Aren't those things obsolete these days? Anyway... Alaska Basin is a highly traveled area since the Teton Crest Trail goes directly through the basin and there are a few trails that go in and out of the Grand Teton National Park. What an amazing job I had! Anyway, the basin is huge and sooooo beautiful. There are endless lakes and places to explore. I love hiking in there and spending a few nights there every summer. I'm hoping to get in at least one more trip before the snow flies. But here are a few pics from my lil adventure early July with my friend Deanna.














No comments: