Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Republica Dominica

We spent a week in the Dominican Republic at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. It was my first, "all inclusive" experience and boy, it was decadent. I feel like it was my first "grown up" vacation with the all you can eat buffets, 8 different restaurants to choose from, 24 hour room service, full liquor and beer stocked fridge, casinos (we don't gamble) 8 pools, ocean/beach front access and plenty of nightly entertainment. It was hard for me to wrap my head around the price of the trip but in the end it was worth every penny. The experience and memories are those that will last a lifetime. It makes it easy to start saving again for another trip wherever it may be. We don't make much money but we also don't have debt and don't spend much on materialistic things therefore making a splurge like this completely doable. I' hoping to fill my passport with a lot more stamps within the next few years. There is so much to do, see and experience in our lifetime. We just have to make it happen.



























2 comments:

Laidlaw said...

Ok, those are some of the most ridiculous food pics ever, and now I am suddenly starving. haha
--Mark

Julie (@Mountainpooper) said...

ME TOO! Then again, I'm always hungry! HAHA!