Friday, September 10, 2010

Backpacking in the Winds





6 comments:

Laidlaw said...

Hey Julie, just stopped by Teton mountaineering for last minute stuff, and that reminded me that I wanted to tell you when we're in town. We're in town. Lol

Feel free to call/text/whatev if you've got time for lunch/coffee/grizzlyhunting. 732-475-448 and a 9. We're here till like Monday, but since I suck at planning, we may be backpacking for the whole time or half the time or not at all. :-)

-Mark

Julie (@Mountainpooper) said...

Wait, Mark? You mean this isn't Linda? HAHAHAH! Are you friggin' kidding me that I thought you were someone else the entire time!!!?! Hilarious... Mark, what's your last name? Geez.... I feel like an idiot! I'm heading to Lander today--Thursday. But then I'm working Friday-Tues. We may be able to figure something out! Enjoy the weather! Because it won't last too much longer!!!

Laidlaw said...

Haha, Laidlaw IS my last name! Sorry, just got back to an interwebz connection. The trip was a blast! I never realized that there were so many lakes at the base of the mountains over there... thinking the next trip might have to involve a kayak (or a couple kayaks). :-)

Tell Linda I said hi. lol

Julie (@Mountainpooper) said...

I still can't get over thinking you were Linda Lawson. Makes sense right? HAHAHA! Glad you had a great visit! Did you hike? Where'd you go play? There is so much to do here!

Laidlaw said...

We just went up Paintbrush Canyon and spent the night. The rest of our trip was spent in Yellowstone playing tourist. My own fault, cause I didn't really think that the 3000 foot climb on that first hike would kill my brother the way that it would. Now my evil backpacking plan concocted last year is gonna be postponed til next year. Sigh.

Anyway, since I did get to spend more time just exploring the lowlands, now I know to bring a sea kayak and a ww kayak next year! So much water to explore up there! :-)

Laidlaw said...

Btw, you can see some pics of our trip here, and I'm trying to get a video together by mid week next week...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/wandr/433526195272