Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Backpacking to Granite Basin

I love backpacking so much that I forget, every time, how much it hurts to get blisters on my feet and toes, how much my back aches, how much it hurts to wear a backpack on top of sunburnt shoulders, mosquitoes, black flies, red flies, spiders in tents, getting caught in a lightning storm with strong wind gusts, stepping in random animal poop, and having a sleepless night because I forgot to hang my scented Chapstick with the food items, so I kept thinking a bear was going to come into the tent to eat it. (food and scented items must be hung in a tree to keep bears away from your food and your tent)...ALL of these things happened on this trip. AND I can't wait to get out and do it all over again!





1 comment:

Ruahines said...

Kia ora,
Sometimes the best trips are the ones completely different than any expectations we may have had about how things will go.
Cheers,
Robb