Thursday, February 26, 2009

More XC Ski pictures from yesterday

I still can't believe where I live. The outdoor possibilities are endless. People here are such extreme athletes. For example, I hear people talk about what it was like to SKI off the Grand Teton. Yes, the GRAND Teton, a very rocky, nearly vertical, 13,770 ft mountain. Unbelievable, and quite insane by my standards. This town is cram packed full of extreme back country skiers and snowboarders, distance runners, distance ski racers (skate skiing), rock and ice climbers, crazy mountain bikers, and road cyclists. My definition of extreme is by distance traveled, duration out, terrain, and by pushing ones body to the breaking point...

Not only is it expensive to live here, but it's going to get expensive if I start getting into new outdoor hobbies! Gear isn't cheap! But luckily, I don't mind looking like a junk show with all of my "hand me down" and mix/matched old gear. Obviously, I'm enjoying every minute of living here.

No comments: