Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SO MUCH SNOW!!!

The first picture is of my friend Christina and I. The second is where I live, and the third is of the cross country ski track just down the road from my house/apt. The snow here is amazing! It's so powdery and dry! We have had 282 inches of snow so far this season! I have NEVER seen so much snow in my life! I am in snow heaven! It's so beautiful! However, driving in it? Not so fun! I'm a transplant from Tennessee, getting thrown right into learning how to drive in snow/ice, ski, snowboard, WALK, and deal with the snow and extreme temperatures. It was negative 7 when I woke up this morning! I'm sure it was even colder than that last night! The coldest temp so far was negative 26 degrees! OUCH! But the best part of living in a ski town, is, no one lets the cold weather stop them from playing outside, wheather it's snow shoeing, skiing, cross country skiing, snowboarding, etc. It's pretty awesome out here.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... just wow!!! care to share some of it for us folks stuck back in k-town!?! been meaning to say "hi" via e-mail but time really flew by! will try to get around to it and maybe send you a pix or two of lauren. have fun!!!

bill, marti, lauren

Julie (@Mountainpooper) said...

Hi Bill! Yes! It's incredible out here! Please catch me up on you and your family! I bet Lauren is SO tall by now! Send pictures!!!